I often speak to People who would sooner or later like to start a business of their own.
I like that! :)
One of the first things I often tell them is start by doing something small.
I say that because doing is a completely different animal than thinking or proposing or anything similar.
– Actually allow you to experience how it will feel like
– Push you out of your Comfort zone (and that’s a good thing)
– Get your Juices flowing
Above all though, after you finish the something small than you did, you will:
– Have a much better Understanding of the entrepreneurship world
– Know much better if you like it or not
– Be happier, regardless of if you loved or hated the experience.
If you like it, then you can do something slightly larger and re-evaluate, if you love it well then you can focus full time on it, and if you don’t like it as much as you thought, then it will be a nice reminder that the “Grass always looks Greener on the other side”
I am writing this Blog because I have the perfect “something small” thing you should do. Participate in Startup Weekend
Best Case Scenario:
– Meet some amazing like-minded people that sooner or later become or introduce you to your future co-founders.
Worst Case Scenario:
– Meet lots of amazing people,
– Be pushed a bit out of your comfort zone,
– Have lots of fun,
– Learn more things in a Weekend that you will learn in the next 3 months
– Get to see a different world and decide if you like it or not.
So you say you like the Startup world, or want to start a business… but…
Here is your opportunity to make the first step – nothing to lose, but a whole lot to gain…
See you on Friday :)
P.S. I have been meaning to start blogging for sooo long! I thought this was as good an opportunity as any to do my something small :)